CLI subsystem is an integral part of device communication. NOCVue CLI is a device management framework that allows equipment manufacturers to easily create CLIs for their customers.
Developing custom CLIs for different types of devices is costly and time consuming, requiring custom parser/formatter and validation software. NOCVue CLI is an XML-based system, allowing developers to enter CLI commands and generate and customize code quickly. Typically, a complete CLI interface for a complex device can be developed in less than three months
NOCVue CLI Benefits
- Cisco-like CLI with value-added features
- Password-based user management
- File-based log management
- Session Management – default support for Telnet and SSH
- Multi-session support
- Supports command syntax validation and command termination
- Supports reporting trap and alarm messages to the use
- System configuration change supported at runtime
- XML Schema Validation
- Automated build scripts
- Customized banner for CLI
- Configuration of hierarchical commands and its options
- Extendable to support TL1 and SNMP protocols
- Rapid time to market – Basic code gets generated, only the data validation functions need to written and integrated with database
- Supports multiple operating systems (Linux, VxWorks, Windows)
NOCVue CLI Features
XML-based input and schema validation: The CLI commands are displayed in an XML file, making it easy to edit and regenerate code.
Cisco-like CLI features: Cisco-like features supported include partial command completion, help, global commands and interactive command handling.
Database: The CLI code is database agnostic and any database can be integrated using backend APIs.
Built-in user management commands: Support for user-management commands are built in, further reducing development time.
Built-in system commands: The product is packaged with basic system commands. Only device-specific commands need to be added.
GUI: Friendly user interface provided for generating configuration files.
Small Footprint: The code size is very small, requiring only a few kilobytes.
Portable to any RTOS: The code is generic and portable.
Velankani Communications Technologies is the premier company providing leading-edge, end-to-end product development solutions exclusively to the telecommunications and networking industry as they evolve into the cloud. We have a documented track record of on-time delivery and fulfilment of contracts.
Velankani has provided solutions for telecommunications equipment manufacturers and service providers for over 20 years. We deliver carrier-grade solutions that are deployed in large networks and support those systems through multiple releases. We understand real network behavior and have the subject matter expertise to make the appropriate technology, design and tool choices.