Enterprise-grade solutions deployed at service providers are like huge machines held together with various styles of racks and pinions. In this case, the racks and pinions are custom software modules from integrators. These customized solutions lack the high availability and resiliency capabilities available in commercial off-the-shelf software.These multi-technology systems should be capable of maintaining the system functions without affecting the management capabilities and the business outcomes.
Velankani Communications Technologies, Inc. (VCTI) has developed a solution by providing a platform-level high availability framework (HAF) designed with intelligent redundancy and smart virtualization concepts. This solution interfaces between your application and system software, monitoring the application’s health and taking remedial action in case of disruption, either due to an application crash or network downtime.
Velankani’s QuickHAF is a general purpose high-availability framework that allows any application to meet an enterprise’s reliability and uptime needs. QuickHAF currently supports LINUX-based applications and requires at least two identical systems with two network interfaces each to provide redundancy and guarantee reduced downtime. The simple API and thorough documentation make integration with your application a snap. QuickHAF’s extensive configurability makes it easy to meet the most demanding requirements of your enterprise applications.
The core principles on which QuickHAF is designed are elimination of single point of failures, reliable crossover and detection and remediation of failures. To adhere to the high degree of service assurance and assured uptime, QuickHAF includes the following components:
- Monitoring module: Constantly reviews the registered applications and the interfaces to detect application crashes and hardware issues
- Synchronization module: Allows for replication of data and configuration across the active and standby systems
- Messaging module: Manages the messaging protocol based on the state of the system
- Configuration module: Allows for configuration of operational parameters
- Logging module: Supports diagnostic data for troubleshooting
- Easy to setup/configure
- User customizable actions to be triggered on failures and switchover
- Extensive logging
- Many configuration options for your application specific needs
- Unparalleled support from Velankani
- Simple to integrate with any application
- Monitoring for both software and hardware failures
- Redundant network connectivity for unparalleled uptime in the face of network failures
- Makes your application highly available in a demanding environment
- Dramatically reduces your application’s development lifecycle
- Adds redundancy
- Ensures reliability, even in the most demanding environments
Velankani’s system engineering group can assess your current system and recommend the preferred deployment option of QuickHAF. Contact Rekha Poosala (email@example.com) to learn how easily and quickly your applications can become fault tolerant.
Written by Shubham Harnal Senior Technical Engineer Velankani Communications Technologies, Inc.